Research Fundamentals: Preparing You to Successfully Contribute to Research
- Building Effective Multi-Stakeholder Research Teams
- Research Fundamentals
- Engagement Rubric
- Engagement Tool and Resource Repository
- Engagement in Health Research Literature Explorer
People new to health research or patient-centered research have many questions: What is patient-centered outcomes research? How does the research process work? How can I be an effective partner on a research study?
PCORI's on-demand training package, Research Fundamentals, answers those questions and more. It is designed to help you understand the language and logic of the research process in an engaging and easy-to-grasp way.
The training package’s advantages include:
- Free, convenient access—PCORI offers the training at no charge, 24/7 via our website
- Easy to understand—The training is written in plain language to make it clear and easy to remember
- Modular format—The training is split into modules that take you through the research cycle from beginning to end
- Set your own pace—You can complete each module one at a time or stop and start a lesson as your schedule allows
- Mark your path—The Navigator tool allows you to personalize your learning journey
This online toolkit is for anyone new to health research or patient-centered research to learn more about Research Fundamentals and help spread the word about the on-demand training. View our sample newsletter, social media items, and ads/graphics library.
PCORI values your thoughts and feedback about Research Fundamentals.